Hello there, today’s recipe is another deliciously cute cookie situation that’s not only perfect for Valentine’s Day, but any festivity where a pink heart cookie is acceptable. So yea, every day.
I have never been a big cherry dessert girl, but these little shortbread cookies have changed that for good. They melt in your mouth and have the perfect amount of sweetness.
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbs butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 5 maraschino cherries, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1 /12 ounces of fine white chocolate, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 330 degrees.
In a bowl, beat butter with confectioners sugar, until creamy. Then add cherry juice, chopped cherries, salt, white chocolate bits and flour. Mix until completely combined.
Roll dough up in parchment paper and refrigerate for at least two hours. Then roll out evenly and use a heart shaped cookie mold to cut out the dough. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Once done and completely cool, drizzle some white chocolate on top.