Do you listen to podcasts? I do. Thanks to my husband. Who literally hardly has time to brush his hair, yet he has a handful of inspiring and go-getter podcasts he listens to in his car or on breaks at work and sometimes while he showers (my new favorite time to listen to them, ha!). When he would first tell me about how he listened to podcasts, I was so excited he was enjoying something during those in-between times during the day and choosing to listen to something that was either uplifting, inspiring or offered new knowledge. But when he would tell me I should listen to 1 or 2 that I can relate to, I would give him that “um, I don’t even have time for that!” or “Maybe I’ll find one I like…one day…”. Fast forward a few months later and I’m hooked on 10+ different podcasts.
These are my favorite podcasts I listen to…
- Stuff Mom Never Told You
- This one is pretty interesting, it’s hosted by two women and it dives into various topics that most of us women think about or have wondered. It’s like having a conversation with your girlfriends.
- Sword and Scale
- This is the podcast that threw me down the rabbit hole of True Crime podcasts. It tells the true stories of terrible crimes. Beware, it’s not for the faint of heart.
- Up and Vanished
- This is the most recent True Crime podcast I’ve added to my listening. Instead of each episode being a different missing-case, the entire season is dedicated to one case. I do like it, but prefer a more fast-paced True Crime series.
- The Goal Digger Podcast
- Inspiring and boosts that go-getter and self-loving attitude. Great for entrepreneurs.
- Throwing Shade
- This podcast is lighthearted and good for a laugh. If you like to hear a gay man’s and a feminist woman’s perspective on current news and events (like I do) you’ll like this podcast.
- Stuff You Should Know
- Interesting stuff you’ve thought about before, but never known the why’s and how’s. This is the podcast that started it all for me-the one that got me into podcasts.
- A continuous mystery story that’s gets you hooked from the start.
- Your Mom’s House
- I’ve always been a huge Tom Segura fan and I’m very late to the game with this one (as they’ve been podcasting for years) but a few months ago I found out that him and his wife (who is also a stand up comedian) hosted this podcast. And I LOVE IT. If you don’t like crude humor or jokes that usually middle-schoolers make, then this isn’t for you. BUT, if you do think fart jokes are funny…you will love this one.
- Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- This podcast covers various topics that we are not only interesting, but the hosts offer really great insight from research, studies and expert opinions.
- The Joe Rogan Experience
- Another podcast hosted by another comedian, but you can actually learn things from this one. Joe brings on really interesting guests from all backgrounds and professions so you usually end up learning a thing or two-or at the very least gaining a different perspective on various topics.
As you can see, I listen to a mix of various topics. I listen to specific ones depending on my mood.
I’m interested in knowing what podcasts do you listen to? Which ones would you recommend? And what are your thoughts on the increasing popularity of podcasts?