Real quick: I kept singing in my head “Getting to know you” from The King and I the entire time I was writing this post! (Just one fact you’ll learn about me in today’s post, I love musicals).
So I think this post has been a long time coming. As I begin to share more personal and conversational content here on SLC, I though what better way to kick that off than with a post dedicated to some of the questions I receive from you all via email and social media. I’m excited for you to get to know more about me! And I’d love to get learn more about you too, so drop a comment and share a little bit about yourself 🙂
SHOP THE POST
- Why/when did you start blogging?
- I started blogging in the Fall of 2012 and my blog actually started off as a food blog called bitchn’ kitchn’. I slowly started to feel an itch to include more of my outfits and great fashion deals I would find, so in 2013 I officially began Sugar Love Chic as a lifestyle blog. Around this time I was in college and wanted to begin pursuing some internships and to this day, all of the internships and jobs I have acquired have been I’d say 75% thanks to my blog. My blog was always mentioned in my interviews as a primary reason of my hire. So it worked out perfectly that I expanded my blog into more fashion and lifestyle centric content. As for why I started my blog: I love to write and have an instinctual habit of sharing with anyone anything that I discover is a great product or a recipe that is delicious or a trend/style of clothing is awesome. I’ve never cared for those that answer “I love your lipstick/top/shoes/, where did you get it?” with “Oh, I forgot” when in reality they just don’t want to share the details. (How rude!) I love sharing and helping with anything that I have discovered/experienced for myself-so I started a blog.
- Are you a full-time blogger?
- Yup. For a few years now I’ve worked on my blog around the clock during any second of spare time I would get, but it was about 2 years ago that I officially knew what would make me happy and decided to go full-time. However, it isn’t just blogging that fulfills me professionally. I’ve always found that I love helping small businesses and start-up brands with their digital content. So in addition to working as a full-time blogger, I also work as a freelance digital content specialist and manager. I love it so much as I love being a part of small teams making their business/brand dreams become reality and goals achieved-it actually mirrors exactly what I do daily for SLC, so it hits close to home and I get extra excited in my roles.
- How tall are you? What size do you wear?
- I’m actually working on having a size stats page here on SLC so you can always refer to it and know how a piece will fit you based on it’s fit on me. So stay tuned for that to easily reference to! I am 5′ 2″ and wear a size 0-2 in dresses, 1-3 or 26/27 in pants and XS-S in tops. Although it really just depends on the fit of the brand. So that size reference page is really going to help!
- What is your love story?
- I feel like this one deserves it’s own post, so I’ll give a brief history of my hubs and I. We are high school sweethearts and have been together for 10 years. About 5 years of our relationship were long distance and yes, it was hard. Nathan, my hubs, proposed to me in 2014 after being together for almost 7 years and we had a beautifully long engagement. We got married last October and I can’t believe it’s going to be a year already! Because I get asked about my relationship so often, I’m going to dedicate an entire post to it soon. Stay tuned!
- Have you always lived in Miami? Will you ever move?
- Yes and yes. I was born and raised in Miami and it’s where 95% of my family lives. While I’m grateful to have grown up in a city with so much culture and have been exposed to so many different experiences because of the colorful people and city, both my husband and I don’t see ourselves living here forever. If you live or have visited Miami, you’ll know how fast-paced and high-stress it is…which is the opposite of my husband and I. While we love to go out and explore the countless things to do in the city, we are just as content sitting outside with a glass of wine and our pups by our side listening to some music (without the sounds of busy streets and honking cars muffling it). We do live in Coral Gables right now which is a pretty historical district that is more relaxed and we absolutely love it, so we’re soaking that experience up right now. Also, Miami is expensive and in our opinion a very over-priced cost of living and real-estate. So yea, living in another city is on our horizon.
So that’s it for now! These 5 questions are some of the most common ones I receive. Let me know if there is anything else you’re wondering about. I have a few informative posts up my sleeves for the upcoming weeks, so stay tuned for that 🙂