It’s been a while since I’ve shared a recipe on here and I’m kind of sad about it. So, I’ll definitely be jumping back into sharing yummy and simple recipes with you all! What better way to get back into the food swing of things than with a Caramelized Pear and Gorgonzola Gnocchi Sauce recipe? If you answered there is no better way, than you, my friend, are right. I first tried a pear and gorgonzola gnocchi dish at a local Miami restaurant a few months back and vowed that I would have to recreate the taste, because it was SO good. Fast forward to literally today, when I went to the supermarket and a pack of gnocchi caught my eye. I immediately remembered that dish and knew I would need to be eating that for dinner tonight. Full disclosure (and so you understand how much of a crazy lady I am): I currently have about 5 meals ready to be cooked from delivery services in my fridge and my Caramelized Pear and Gorgonzola Gnocchi craving beat all sense of practicality and won over my dinner plans. It’s THAT good.
Servings: 4 large
- 2 packs of 16 oz. gnocchi packs
- 1 Bosc pear
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs butter
- 12 oz. heavy cream
- 4 oz. gorgonzola
- Bring gnocchi to a boil in water, drain and set aside. Careful, gnocchi softens very quickly-I’d say 3 minutes would suffice in boiling water.
- Pour heavy cream into a large pan and cook over high heat for 3-4 minutes, constantly stirring. Add gorgonzola. Cutting the gorgonzola into little cubes will allow it to melt more easily into the heavy cream. Continue stirring until completely mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In another pan, add thinly sliced pears to 1 tbs of butter and brown sugar and cook until caramelized and browned.
- Take cooked gnocchi and add to pan with caramelized pears and add the other tbs of butter. Allow gnocchi to brown a bit-roughly 5 minutes.
- Take a large bowl and pour caramelized pears and gnocchi into it. Then pour gorgonzola cream sauce on top and mix thoroughly. Serve!