The hubby and I are on a major muffin kick lately. We eat them for breakfast and for dessert, so our favorite types are flavors that aren’t too sweet and use more of natural flavor for sweetness. That’s why I love this banana nut muffin recipe. The smashed ripe bananas add so much yummy sweetness! My trick with this recipe is adding just a pinch of cinnamon to bring out the banana flavor and of course to embrace the Fall season!
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt, or just a pinch
- 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tbs cinnamon
- 1 cup smashed ripe banana
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/4 chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites softly. Stir in bananas, oil and brown sugar. Add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Stir in walnuts. Then pour into greased muffin pan cups, about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned.
- Remove muffins from pan and enjoy!