And just like that, 2018 will be here in three days. I never really get too sentimental for the new year and I’ve never really been into the whole New Year Resolutions thing either. I just feel like it’s another day and a new year, and I don’t like to talk the situation up. Maybe that’s because I am a pretty emotional person and I don’t like to put too much pressure on the idea of entering a new year and all the emotions and expectations that can come with it. Any of you relate to that? Or am I just a little nutty?
Anyway, if you’re like me and don’t really care for the holiday (is it an actual holiday?🤔) or sometimes feel alone because you’re not into all of the hype….well, don’t feel alone! Let’s just get excited for another year of being alive andddddd that’s it. Well, maybe add a little bit of glitter and sequins.
Now, let’s talk about 2017 for a bit and some of the good that came out of it…which let’s face it. There wasn’t a whole lot of it 🙄 (i.e. the political climate) I wanted to share my Best Product Purchases of 2017 with you!
- Amazon Echo. This was actually one of my birthday gifts from Nathan and it’s by far one of my favorite gifts he’s ever given me. I use it all day, every day. We live in a small space now, but whenever we move to a bigger space with more rooms we’ll definitely be getting the Amazon Echo Dot to put in the rooms.
- Nespresso VertuoPlus Deluxe Coffee and Espresso Maker. This was a Christmas present to Nathan and I from my parents and we are so happy with it! Maybe you’ve been contemplating if it was worth the money and hype. I’m here to tell you, it is. Especially this deluxe bundle with the milk frother.
- “Know This” by John Brockman. I love fiction novels, but I also really love being in the know and being able to form an educated opinion on the latest in science philosophies, which can be really difficult to find the time or resources to do. This book, which shares the latest in scientific developments and cutting-edge scientific ideas and breakthroughs, makes doing so interesting and not a bore since it’s pretty concise in it’s explanation.
- Monika Platform Mule. These are slip-on sneakers that I have worn non-stop since purschasing them about 4 months ago. They’re comfortable, practical, cute, only $50 and come in SEVEN colors. Ladies, go get them. I think I’m getting them in another color!
- PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier. I have terrible allergies. TERRIBLE. Indoor and outdoor and I’m allergic to dogs. And have two dogs. You get the point. I noticed a difference in my allergies after just TWO DAYS of having this air purifier on my night stand. Sure, it doesn’t look cute on my night stabbed (although, it’s a pretty sleek design-so it isn’t that bad), but my goodness have I seen a difference in my constant sneezing and coughing and it helps me fall asleep quicker too.
Next up, my favorite moments of 2017!
- Nathan and I went to see three of our favorite bands within a two month span and it was AWESOME. I’ve talked about before how we are obsessed with music and how we love going to concerts, so this was so much fun.
- My god-brother and his fiancé had a beautiful baby girl in October. He’s the first of us “kids” in the clan to have a baby, so it was extra special ❤️
- Working with Disney on their Dream Big Princess campaign. Not only was the fact that I got to work with Disney amazing, but I loved what the campaign represented too!
- Going on two of my friend’s bachelorette trips to Austin and Riviera Maya. It was so fun and I was happy to share that memory with them!
- Seeing my home featured in Southern Weddings Magazine’s 10th Anniversary Edition. What a cool moment!