Isn’t it crazy that we sometimes have to make it a point and somewhat force ourselves to relax? While it can be a testament to our handwork, drive and go-getter spirit-there is no doubt we sometimes need to take chill pill.
I am so excited about a handful of trips I have planned this year. From a couple of my girlfriends’ bachelorette getaways to Nathan and I’s 10th year together/ 1 year married anniversary trip and a few in between. That being said, I wanted to already get my hands on the best travel purses to take on trips that I will be able to use throughout this year’s vacations.
I am a big fan of having at least one of each different style of bag I have listed below. They each serve such a great purpose and look cute doing it too!
SHOP THE POST
Today’s post is inspired by this award show season and the total glam that graces the red carpets during it. While I love gawking the beautiful gowns and jewels the starlets wear on the red carpet, another aspect I love paying attention to is their skin and beauty looks. So many of these red carpet pros have gorgeous glowing skin and their beauty choices are amazing.
You know that feeling right before you head out to a night on the town (or if you’re lucky enough, a red carpet event!) and you’ve got your beauty and skincare routine perfected, so you know you look A+. Well, here are the beauty products I use to get ready for a night out. And if someone happens to invite me to walk a red carpet, I would use them too! 😉 Continue Reading
I believe incorporating statement pieces in our homes is practically essential. They offer us a chance to express ourselves and our unique tastes. Even if you’re someone who’s home style is to commit to one particular trend or vibe, you can always add in a statement piece that shows off personality. My personal home style is an eclectic mix of 2-3 vibes, so to be honest, I’d make every piece in my home a statement piece…that’s just my particular style. In fact, as I write this I’m looking around my place and noticing every piece of furniture and most decor items pack quite the punch. Pretty cool!
Although I tend to spend a little more on my wall art when it comes to paintings and canvas prints, I still like to budget myself. I do this especially since I like to change things up every so often with my decor and I think a great way of doing that is by interchanging wall art. However, if a piece really resonates with me I do end up switching it up throughout my place instead of just taking it down all together. And for those pieces I do take down, I don’t get rid of them-at least not most of them. Since I tend to purchase pieces that are less trendy and more for the reason that it truly echoes my style, I am usually able to decorate again with it, brining on a brand new perspective and aesthetic.
Below are online shops that I’ve used to find art throughout the years that won’t break the bank, while each piece remains unique and not cookie-cutter.
Here’s Where to Buy Beautiful and Affordable Art for Your Home
ONE KINGS LANE
LULU & GEORGIA
Any specific online places you love to shop for wall art?
Most weeks usually fly by for me and I usually don’t know what day it is until it’s Thursday and I realize the week is almost over. However, I think we all have those weeks where they just drag on. For this exact reason I’ve tried to make the middle of those weeks, which would be Wednesday, a day to switch things up.
How to Get Over That Midweek Hump
- Wake up 30 minutes to an hour earlier-wait what? How does this make the day go by faster?! Well, it doesn’t. But give yourself something special Wednesday mornings. Maybe it’s an indulging breakfast, or a trip to Starbucks to grab a White Chocolate Mocha (my personal favorite!). Make Wednesdays special with just a little change that you’ll actually look forward to in the morning.
- When you get home from work, grab whatever hobby you’re into and dedicate some relaxing time to it. The whole point of hobbies is to make us happy and feel good, so if you make sure you’re dedicating a little time to it on Wednesdays, then every Wednesdays you’re directly giving yourself more “you” time and relaxing time.
- Make Wednesdays your yummy take-out night. I love cooking and having a home-cooked meal for my hubs and I. But if you tell me Wednesday are our sushi takeout night, I promise I will be thinking about that all day long-excited for dinner! And of course, excited to not have to spend 30 minutes making dinner. (Which means I can use that time for #2 in this list!)
- Spend your lunch-hour outside. Maybe this is something you do everyday already, but in the case that it isn’t and you’re like me and end up most days eating lunch alongside working, then this little change on Wednesdays will liven up the day and give you a mid-week a breath of fresh air.
- Wednesday = new movie night! Whether you live alone, with a roomie, bf/gf or your spouse-making Wednesday nights your weekly night to watch the newest movie release is fun. My husband and I love movies, him even more so. So, it’s fun to talk about every week which new movie we’re going to watch and research what’s coming out, what has great reviews etc. Plus, we always make sure and have yummy movie theater snacks that just add to the fun!
Which ways do you make your mid-week more special and fun?