Another post, another embroidered piece I’m loving. This time it’s this embroidered satin jacket. Embroidered jackets would make a great investment piece, as they’re so versatile to top off any outfit. However, you can find them at such great prices like the ones below, there’s no splurge!
I’ve always been a fan of embroidery on any wardrobe piece, but especially on a simple button down. The feminine detail elevates the already versatile piece, making a perfect top to wear all year long.
SHOP THE POST
Juts in time for Valentine’s Day, I bring you this St. Augustine Distillery Spicy Grapefruit and Gin Cocktail. If you didn’t already guess, it’s made with St. Augustine Distillery’s New World Gin, which is in my opinion just as fragrant but not as potent as common gin. Which means I like it, a lot. Continue Reading
Most weeks usually fly by for me and I usually don’t know what day it is until it’s Thursday and I realize the week is almost over. However, I think we all have those weeks where they just drag on. For this exact reason I’ve tried to make the middle of those weeks, which would be Wednesday, a day to switch things up.
How to Get Over That Midweek Hump
- Wake up 30 minutes to an hour earlier-wait what? How does this make the day go by faster?! Well, it doesn’t. But give yourself something special Wednesday mornings. Maybe it’s an indulging breakfast, or a trip to Starbucks to grab a White Chocolate Mocha (my personal favorite!). Make Wednesdays special with just a little change that you’ll actually look forward to in the morning.
- When you get home from work, grab whatever hobby you’re into and dedicate some relaxing time to it. The whole point of hobbies is to make us happy and feel good, so if you make sure you’re dedicating a little time to it on Wednesdays, then every Wednesdays you’re directly giving yourself more “you” time and relaxing time.
- Make Wednesdays your yummy take-out night. I love cooking and having a home-cooked meal for my hubs and I. But if you tell me Wednesday are our sushi takeout night, I promise I will be thinking about that all day long-excited for dinner! And of course, excited to not have to spend 30 minutes making dinner. (Which means I can use that time for #2 in this list!)
- Spend your lunch-hour outside. Maybe this is something you do everyday already, but in the case that it isn’t and you’re like me and end up most days eating lunch alongside working, then this little change on Wednesdays will liven up the day and give you a mid-week a breath of fresh air.
- Wednesday = new movie night! Whether you live alone, with a roomie, bf/gf or your spouse-making Wednesday nights your weekly night to watch the newest movie release is fun. My husband and I love movies, him even more so. So, it’s fun to talk about every week which new movie we’re going to watch and research what’s coming out, what has great reviews etc. Plus, we always make sure and have yummy movie theater snacks that just add to the fun!
Which ways do you make your mid-week more special and fun?
The hubby and I have spent 10 Valentine’s Days together, celebrating the day in countless ways. Thinking back on them, I remember each was so special, even if we did nothing out of the ordinary. Nathan and I started dating in high school, with little to no money to actually spend on each other. We actually used birthday and allowance money to buy any gifts for each other, but most times we liked silly and inexpensive gifts anyways.
Fast-foward 10 years and we still love to hang back and chill on Valentine’s Day. There are so many fun, romantic and even inexpensive ways to celebrate the day in the comfort of your home. If you’re like Nathan and I, check them out below!
Fun Options for a Valentine’s Day Date Night In
- Spend the night on the living room floor. Set up the air mattress or lay out a comforter. Have a fireplace? Roast some marshmallows and make s’mores. Or have a home-cooked or take-out picnic on the floor. (Nathan and I used to do this all of the time in our early years of dating).
- Want the fancy restaurant mood, without the crowd or price-tag? Bring out the candles, flowers and romantic music. Maybe multiple-courses, via take-out from your favorite restaurant or at-home fondue. Try to recreate that romantic atmosphere at your own dining table.
- Make dinner together. Choose the menu and get the ingredients ahead of time, so you can have fun cooking and eating together that evening.
- Have a rom-com movie marathon. Maybe include one that leans more on the comedy side, for your beau 😉 Laughing together is romantic too!
- Turn your living room into a ballroom. Move the furniture out of the way and turn on your favorite music. Even if it’s not lovey-dovey music, whatever music is your music. It’s the dancing and goofing off that will be fun and romantic. (Nathan and I do this all the time. So fun!)
- Celebrate your wedding day memories. Look through your wedding albums or watch your wedding video. Is there anything more romantic than reliving the most romantic day of your lives?
- Choose your drink of choice whether it’s wine, hot cocoa or tea and sit on your balcony or porch together. There’s nothing like breathing in fresh air, under a night sky and taking in the peacefulness with your love.
- Go back and read your journals, letters and notes from when you were dating or the early years of your relationship. (Nathan and I love doing this too! Since we dated for so long, we’re always finding old love notes and cards we wrote to each other. Sometimes with silly sketches in them. I cry every.single.time.)
- Have a champagne and pizza or junk food of your choice night. A little high-low mixing for your palette is fun and delicious!
- Read a bit of Song of Solomon together. A beautifully romantic book of the Bible.
- Write your lifelong bucket list together, include places you’re dreaming of visiting and goals you want to achieve together.
- Create a blueprint of your dream house. You don’t have to be an architect, an amateur sketch will do 😉
- Write a gratitude list together. Make a list of everything you are thankful for as a couple.
- Have dinner on your roof, should you #1 have a roof and #2 a roof that’s not too steep.
- Have the ultimate Netflix and Chill night. Netflix Originals are gold right now. Below are the new releases from February 1- February 14, perfect timing for Valentine’s Day.
Jeans are my jam. So any time a jean trend hits a season, I couldn’t be happier. I don’t discriminate when it comes to a pair of jeans, I like them all cuts and fades. And I mean, how cute is this funky hem? So happy fringe is having a denim moment.